U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old female asked:

I have a yeast infection. i started fluconazole for the infection and triamcinolone acetonide for the irritation. i use cream twice/day and today i noticed a small painful lump around vagina. i was wondering if it could be due to cream?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 55 years experience
If diagnosed and treated by a health professional experienced in vaginal yeast infections, probably that's all you have. The bump might just be an atypical response to the yeast infection. Keep up both treatments for now. However, this sort of thing can result from gonorrhea or chlamydia, if you are at risk for STDs. If so, or if the problem persists a few more days, return to your doc. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 9, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.