U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old female asked:

I have a constant yeast infection (vaginal). otc creams have not helped. both my gp and gynae and prescribed fluconazole numerous times; it does nothing. what to do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Audrey Lance
Gynecology 15 years experience
Suppression: If you have recurrent yeast infections you may need to use a suppressive regiment - this usually involves something like taking fluconazole weekly for 6 months. Additionally, be sure you are practicing good vulvar hygiene: don't douche, use only gental soap (Dove) on the vulva, don't use vagisil or any summer's eve products (they are terrible for the vagina!), only cotton underwear!
Last updated May 15, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.