I got my wisdom teeth removed on the 25th. yesterday there was something hanging that was white/yellowish from the site of the extraction . am i developing a dry socket? its only the 3rd day?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

If you developed a dry socket, you would know it by now. You would be in severe pain, since a blood clot never formed. The whitish/ yellowish tissue is called granulation tissue that your body forms to fill the hole after an extraction.. This is normal, just follow post operative instructions given by surgeon and make sure you keep food and debris out of extraction site.

Answered 11/29/2022

0 views

Dr. Dinh Bui answered

Exudates is usually indicating there might be an infection. It usually takes 3 days for the infection to occur. A dry socket is an infection preventing the formation of the clot and bone is not covered by the clot and exposed. Rinsing, placement of dry socket paste (at the dentist), and Clindamycin antibiotics prescription are the most effective treatments.

Answered 12/1/2022

0 views