A 38-year-old female asked:

Got washing up liquid in my eye now its v irritated and painful what can i use to help. tks?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Keshav Narain
Retinal Surgery 31 years experience
Artificial tears: Use a large bottle of artificial tears to thoroughly irrigate the eye. If vision is blurry or the eye remains painful, then see the eye doctor. Be careful not to rub the eye. The non preserved artificial tears are the best because they do not cause as much irritation. The eye doctor can insure that there is no abrasion or other damage. They can even give you something to ease the pain.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 22, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.