Brookfield, WI

What can cause a hard soleus muscle near the ankle that ascends into leg? it feels hard and seems to stick out closer to the skin than the one on my other leg. i was also diagnosed with peroneus longus/brevis herniation?

Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 35 years experience
hard to tell without exam. Best to see your Ortho MD.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM
Podiatry 43 years experience
I believe there is much more to this then you have lead on. Please provide complete information
Pathology 50 years experience
It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. It is unlikely that what you are feeling is the soleus muscle as it is hidden under gastrocnemius. It would be prudent to see a doctor. Wish you good health!
Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM
Podiatry 43 years experience
The soleus can be seen and isolated depending upon its size. People who have "large ankles
Jun 17, 2022
Last updated Jun 18, 2022