Wilmington, DE
A 27-year-old female asked:

I had split tendon surgery in my ankle back in november , now my back of my heel is hurting and my leg and a little where my knee is . what can i do for it ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM
Podiatry 44 years experience
Your description of the surgery is incomplete to comment on. More information is needed. After a major surgery physical therapy is most critical. You need to get range of motion and strength back to the muscles and joint. An organized physical therapy program is recommended.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 29, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.