Pain after foot surgery, tkr severe pain behind knee , 8 years later, several strokes, i can't get my foo, heel or tendont fix i think i ruptored a tendon in my foot, ankle or heel, in richland, wa. have seen 35 doctor's, 350 appointments, and get no wher

Dr. Ty Chen
Dr. Ty Chenanswered
Anesthesiology 29 years experience
You : You describe signs and symptoms consistent with complex regional pain syndrome (previously known as reflex sympathetic dystrophy). As it's name implies, it's a complex disorder and not completely understood, but there are some treatments which may be helpful. A lumbar sympathetic block or epidural block combined with aggressive physical therapy might help. But i would emphasize that the block is not what's going to help you. It's the physical therapy part that will provide the long term benefit. The block would be just to provide pain relief to allow you to undergo the pt. I do not know who would be the best person to arrange this combined therapy in your area. Many anesthesiologists can do the block, but again, it's critical that the block be combined with pt afterwards. If you have a good relationship with your orthopedic surgeon, i'd recommend asking him or her for a referral.
Dr. Brandon Hawkins
Podiatry 20 years experience
CRPS: Crps is a syndrome that occurs in very few patients after surgery. It is a devastating syndrome with uncontrolled pain. I would recommend seeing a pain specialist.
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 35 years experience
Pain: You don't state why you think you ruptured a tendon. Is it possible that your strokes(s) have had an impact on what cannot be 'fixed'? Crps remains a possibility . A consult with pain management is indicated. Good luck.

Last updated Feb 24, 2018