MA

Between february and april 2022 my igg dropped by 113mg/dl and my iga dropped by 8.3. both still within normal range but both dropped in a short period of time. is either drop significant or something to keep an eye on? igm was low both times at 40?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 37 years experience
The IgM level may be reassessed, but if you are otherwise well and without symptoms, recurrent infections, everything is probably fine. Watch for fever, cough and rash. COVID-19 vaccination is recommended.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, the changes you described are not a cause for concern, as long as you are not any infections. Wish you good health!
Last updated Apr 23, 2022