TN

I am 47 yr old female. 240 lbs. i have seen pulmonary, cardiology, pcp, gastroenterology docs- none of which seem to know what's causing my issue. i have new swelling above my collarbone in the supraclavicular areas on both side of my neck. why?

Pathology 50 years experience
It could be fat. You appear to be overweight. Figure out your BMI and try to get it to be less than 25. BMI calculator https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
Dr. Donald Colantino
Since the apparent swelling is bilateral and if symmetrical, soft or fluctuating, in my experience it is most often fullness seen in overweight people or in presence of emphysema. I'm confident that you can be reassured that your supraclavicular pattern is more of a fullness or tenting rather than pathological swelling,especially since you've been evaluated by a few physicians and/or specialists.
Last updated Apr 19, 2022