GR

31y.old. looking at my blood tests from the last 8 years, i see that in my annual check ups my hemoglobin ranges from 13-13.7 and my hematocrit from 38-40.my rbc's from 4.4-4.7 are these variations normal?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
Yes, they are all in normal ranges with variations for a female. We sometimes pay attention to the steady change, i.e. the trend, either up or down, even with numbers in normal ranges.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, your results are not a cause for concern. Wish you good health!
Last updated Apr 12, 2022