I had a uti, after which i took levofloxacin for a week and my subsequent urine analysis test came back clean. however, i still feel slight pain at the urethral opening whenever i sit down for long in the afternoon. what might be the cause of this?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

I recommend being checked for vaginal dryness by your gynecologist. If present it could explain your urethral discomfort while sitting for awhile & causing discomfort.on urinating or intercourse. It can be treated by topical estrogen which should alleviate your symptoms. If not a dryness problem,consult a urologist.

Answered Mar 26, 2022

0 views