Tested positive for ebv igg ..no symptoms so far ..will i be transmitting this to my family(husband and if becoming pregnant ..what about perinatal transmission and lactation) worried and sad.please help?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Robert Kwok answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

EBV is a universal virus, which means we doctors assume most people already have it. After 28 years of medical practice, I have not met a patient too worried about catching EBV, because it is everywhere and humans just live with it. Children normally catch it from their family members. Kids who missed catching it can catch it later as teens or adults, who get more symptoms than little kids get.

Answered Mar 6, 2022

0 views

Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that,an IgG positive for EBV is a normal finding and not a cause for concern for you or your family. Wish you good health!

Answered Mar 6, 2022

0 views