I want to lose about 3 or 4 kilos, but I also want to build muscle. Would a high protein diet and low carbs be good for me?

Dr. Daniel Saurborn
22 years experience in Diagnostic Radiology
Balanced diet best.: You don't actually need a LOT of protein in your diet to build muscle. What you need is a BALANCED diet, including fat and carbs. There is no need to eat large amounts of protein because most of it will be wasted. Follow a balanced diet sheet for your age, sex, and BMI. The most important (and hardest) thing to do is be CONSISTENT with your workouts and healthy diet. Good luck!
Answered on May 7, 2017