Australia

I want to lose about 3 or 4 kilos, but i also want to build muscle. would a high protein diet and low carbs be good for me?

Dr. Daniel Saurborn
Diagnostic Radiology 24 years experience
Balanced diet best.: You don't actually need a LOT of protein in your diet to build muscle. What you need is a BALANCED diet, including fat and carbs. There is no need to eat large amounts of protein because most of it will be wasted. Follow a balanced diet sheet for your age, sex, and BMI. The most important (and hardest) thing to do is be CONSISTENT with your workouts and healthy diet. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
See below: For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.
Dr. Sridhar Shankar
Specializes in Radiology
Qualified Yes: In general that would be a good approach. You forgot the most important thing--exercise. My recommendation would be to consult a personal trainer who will be able to help you better based on your body type.