63 y.o., male, bmi = 27 with diabetes, just on hipertensive medication. my morning glicemia was on average 160 mg/dl in the last 3 months without any diabetic medication but with lifestyle changes . should my doctor put me on diabetic medication?

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Yes, in general oral anti diabetic meds are added based on your HbA1c as well and other labs including urine for protein and glucose. Diabetes complications preventive care would be initiated as well with regular foot and eye exams.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
The best guide is you HbA1c. What is that. I recommend the DASH diet for both HTN and DM. It works to avoid meds in many and reduce need for meds int others. But everyone is different. keep at it.
Last updated Jan 24, 2022