U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old male asked:

Hba1c 5.9% at 33yrs (male) age with bmi 19.2 n numbness in hands feets. is it type 1 or type 2 diabetes? what ia cure?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
Neither: you need to be assessed by a specialist endocrinologist, what you mentioned isn't enough to diagnose diabetes of either type, and numbness of your hands and feet aren't peculiar to diabetes, better get checked , wish you well
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

Last updated Aug 14, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.