About a year ago i had severe acne. it went away with prescription pills and tretinoin5%. my faced was clear until recently-everyday, i have several white heads on my chin, around my mouth. what can i do to get rid of it? should i go to a dermatogist?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Yvette Kratzberg answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Acne can erupt during times of stress, or when our routine is disrupted. Washing your face less, eating more fatty foods and getting less exercise can also cause acne breakouts. Try washing your face every morning and night, eating more fruits and vegetables, and exercising at least 30 minutes per day. Wash sheets/towels at least weekly to remove acne bacteria. Wash facemasks daily.

Answered 12/9/2021

0 views

It is not unusual for acne to recur after successful treatment. If it responded well to antibiotic pills and tretinoin last time, it probably will again. Yes, a dermatologist is your best option for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Answered 12/14/2021

0 views