Five weeks ago, I was diagnosed with DVT in my left calf.Two weeks ago, I had pain and went to the hospital. Theytold me that the clot is now gone but I am skeptical aboutit. What should I do?

Dr. Geoffrey Kuhlman
21 years experience in Family Medicine
Clots clear fast: The body degrades the clot on its own. The blood thinning medication you take, such as Lovenox or coumadin, (warfarin) simply stops the clot from growing. Clots limited to the calf clear fairly quickly. The larger (longer) the clot, such as those that extend into the thigh or pelvis, the longer it takes to clear.
Answered on Jun 27, 2014
7