I had an ekg and all the results were in the standard range. the sinus rhythm is normal but it said possible left atrial abnormality. is this something i should be concerned about? my doctor says results are normal but i dont want to have a stroke?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Joseph Marra answered

Specializes in Radiology

I do not have your EKG to personally evaluate, from what you've stated (it shows normal sinus rhythm), I would listen to your doctor and not be overly concerned. In cases where someone is in a rhythm called "atrial fibrillation" (which you don't have), the atrium doesn't contract normally and blood clotting may result. In those cases blood thinners are often recommended to prevent stroke.

Answered Sep 28, 2021

0 views