A 20-year-old male asked:
I had spilled some nail polish remover on my bedroom carpet. i opened the window to let it air out and i cleaned the carpet as good as i could. the smell was present for a while. did this do any harm to me? i don't think i had a reaction to it?
1 doctor answer • 2 doctors weighed in
General Practice 40 years experience
In consideration that you aired the room out & cleaned the carpet quickly & you have not experienced any bad reactions you are probably fine. However, if you experience nausea & vomiting, pain in your belly area, a sweet taste in your mouth, a feeling of drunkenness, drowsiness, stupor, lack of coordination or difficulty breathing please call a poison control center immediately. (1-800-222-1222)
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Reviewed Sep 23, 2021
Last updated Sep 23, 2021
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.