WA

I had spilled some nail polish remover on my bedroom carpet. i opened the window to let it air out and i cleaned the carpet as good as i could. the smell was present for a while. did this do any harm to me? i don't think i had a reaction to it?

Dr. Harold Mandel
General Practice 39 years experience
In consideration that you aired the room out & cleaned the carpet quickly & you have not experienced any bad reactions you are probably fine. However, if you experience nausea & vomiting, pain in your belly area, a sweet taste in your mouth, a feeling of drunkenness, drowsiness, stupor, lack of coordination or difficulty breathing please call a poison control center immediately. (1-800-222-1222)

Last updated Sep 23, 2021