can a stage 4 lung cancer in remission?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology 47 years experience
Remission: A leukemia term. Ned=no evidence of disease. There can be "oligo-metastasis" (few that is) than can be ablated or even respond chemo. Exceptions to the rule that stage 4 generally conveysvery little hope for quality long term survival.
Dr. Creighton Wright
General Surgery 56 years experience
Variable progress: But not really cure or remission.
Dr. Chad Levitt
Radiation Oncology 22 years experience
Not typical: Once lung cancer has become stage four it means that it has entered into the blood stream and begun showing up around the body in places other than the lung. Typically these go to the brain, bones, adrenal glands, and liver. Chemotherapy goes into the blood to shrink down and try to kill these cells but currently with consider this disease as treatable while not curable.