MN

well i have a fybroid of 7 cm. im only 22 do i have a chance of having babies ?

Dr. Marianne DiNapoli
Dr. Marianne DiNapolianswered
Discuss with doctor: Most fibroids will not affect a woman's chance of having a baby. If a fibroid is located in certain locations on the uterus, it could impact the chance of carrying a pregnancy to full-term or having a vaginal delivery. You might want to discuss with your doctor the location of your fibroid and its impact on your health.
Dr. Rahil Malik
Yuppers: Despite having fibroids, you can be pregnant. However, you have a higher risk of miscarriage, pain during pregnancy, bleeding. You would need to follow your ob-gyn doctors recommendations and get close care if you were to get pregnant.
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
A theme of much concern to patients .
Jan 26, 2012
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Forest Gump !: To paraphrase this movie character by tom hanks : "fibroid is as fibroid does". Meaning that this lump that arise for the uterine musculature may have different behaviors. The may be candidates to removal if they cause bleeding, pressure, pain or infertility. They don't always "get bigger with time" but a watchful eye and follow up by ultrasound or MRI is appropriate.
Dr. Samuel Pauli
Fertility Medicine 17 years experience
Yes: Fibroids are common and many women with them become pregnant. Sometimes they can affect your ability to get pregnant, particularly if they are in the lining of the uterus where an embryo (potential baby) implants. Large fibroids (greater than 5cm) sometimes can also block the fallopian tubes making it difficult for the sperm to reach the eggs. If you have difficulty, see your doctor.
Dr. Hugo Ribot
Should have a chance: Especially if it is a single fibroid tumor should be removable without permanently damaging the uterus. In most of the cases one can preserve fertility using careful myomectomy technique. After this type of surgery one must deliver the baby by cesarean section to minimize the risk of uterine rupture during labor. As far as technique, it may be possible to do minimally invasive surgery.