Canada

I have this weird condition where my resting heart rate is 75-85 but whenever i take my blood pressure it spikes to 120-130 and i can hear my heart pounding. why is this happening? is there something wrong with my heart?

Pathology 50 years experience
You may be experiencing anxiety when measuring your blood pressure. It is unlikely that it is due to any abnormality in the heart. For healthy diet: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/., exercise 30 minutes/day, drink enough water daily so your urine is mostly colorless, have safe sex, no tobacco alcohol weed or street drugs. Get HPV and Covid vaccines. Wish you good health!
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
As a Hypertensionologist I agree. This anxiety induced rise in heart rate and prob blood pressure is common. It will go away after a period of time. Double check your pulse by counting at the wrist.
Aug 16, 2021
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
This is not weird but very common. Keep taking it and it will usually settle down.

Last updated Aug 16, 2021