GA

I recently just had blood work done and i'm concerned about my lab results . can you explain to me what this mean ? do i have an std? was i exposed? hsv1 igg ser eia-acnc 28.30 index?

Pathology 50 years experience
About 70% of the adults are positive for herpes simplex 1. Even if your result means that you were exposed to HSV 1 it is not generally though sexual contact. It is mostly spread through contact with oral fluids. HSV 1 is the cause of cold sores. It would be prudent to talk to the doctor who ordered the test. Get HPV vaccine. Wish you good health!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 24, 2021