U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Cincinnati, OH
A 26-year-old female asked:

I have had unilateral pulsatile tinnitus for 3 years now in my right ear. i have done numerous tests and seen numerous specialists but to no avail. no signs of elevated csf level & no spinal tap done. does bruxism cause pt? i use a self dx mouthguard?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry 44 years experience
Look at your TMJ: When does your tinnitus occur. A particular time of day or night? When you wake up? Does it get worse as the day wears on? Lots of questions. With the. lose proximity, I might advise seeing an oral surgeon and see if your TMJ is the cause of your problem. They're close to each other.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 18, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.