OR

I'm getting anterior hip replacement surgery here soon. i'm 53 and weight 115 lbs. i'm very healthy and active despite the extreme pain. i need a nicotine urine test before they will put me on the schedule. how many days w/o smoking will it take?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 44 years experience
Do not hide smoking history from your doctors, please. Nicotine is broken down to cotinine in the body and urine test detects cotinine. By DrugRehab.com: cotinine level in urine begin to return to normal about seven to 10 days after you last smoked, according to the University of Rochester Medical Center. If you smoke regularly, it may take up to three weeks for the cotinine to clear your system.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Sravani Mehta
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 16 years experience
At least 2 weeks
Last updated Jul 9, 2021