U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 55-year-old female asked:

I was in the hospital for chest pain on sunday, sent me home still having them. i went into my chart to read all my results and found out that my ecg was abnormal st&t wave abnormal consider inferior ischemia. should i go to the hospital?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Please discuss all your concerns with your doctor who admitted you and discharged you. ECG abnormalities as described are non-specific and should be evaluated by your physician. Depending upon how abnormal the ECG was, whether you have risk factors for coronary disease etc your physician may not consider further testing at this time. However, you need to have the physician discuss these with you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Best will be to follow up with a cardiologist per ER discharge instructions. Depending on your symptoms, expectations and goals going back to ER may help in clarifying the relation between your chest pain and ecg changes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 7, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.