Canada

I recently had an unprovoked dvt in my left arm, started on xarelto 1 week ago. how safe is it now to play golf? can it increase likelihood of clot moving to lung? better wait longer for xarelto to be in my system or is activity not a risk?

Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Emergency Medicine 45 years experience
Usually golf is not a contact sport so it is safe to resume playing. If your game is worse, you can’t blame the Xarelto.
Dr. Daniel Reed
Dr. Daniel Reed commented
Specializes in undefined
I agree with Dr. Schwarzman above. I assume you have decreased the dose to 5mg bid, down from 10mg bid.
May 27, 2021
Dr. Lateef Giwa
Thoracic Surgery 54 years experience
I would recommend waiting a little longer before playing golf. When you play golf you are actively using muscles of the upper extremities.

Last updated May 28, 2021