TX

Can you still have lymphoma or thyroid cancer even if your labs have all come back normal? i have a lump on my collar bone, fatigue, and horrible night sweats. all blood tests have been normal with only my protein being slightly elevated?

Pathology 50 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, routine blood tests may be normal in a person with lymphoma or other cancer. Wish you good health!
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Unfortunately, blood work cannot rule out lymphoma and your symptoms are commonly seen in such diseases, it sounds like a biopsy from the lump will be needed in order to diagnose your condition. Your doc remains your best reference in guiding further workup.

Last updated May 12, 2021