WI

For the past 2 years at least i have had severe burning pain in my mid to right back after eating. this pain is constant and lasts 15 minutes to an hour. is it possible to tell if it's biliary cholic or chronic pancreatitis?

Dr. Susumu Inoue
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology 54 years experience
we need more info. Is the pain related to the type of food you eat such as greasy food? Any nausea or vomiting with the pain? any diarrhea, or fever? Does antiacid such as Tums help? Any pain in the abdomen in addition to back pain? Biliary colic does not cause back pain, but pancreatitis may. I think that the best thing would be to visit your doctor.

Last updated May 1, 2021