MD

Hi i cut my toe and when it happened it cut half of my toe nail i have been cleaning it but every time i change the band aid it bleeds and its a throbbing pain?

Dr. jeffrey Trantalis, dpm
Podiatry 42 years experience
If the wound is very deep it’s possible you might need a couple of stitches to help promote healing and stop the bleeding. Depending on how much bleeding you have it might take a few days for it to stop completely if it’s not very bad. Keep the pressure on the wound along with an antibiotic topically. If it continues to be a problem see your podiatrist

Last updated Apr 27, 2021