VA

When i eat bread, or any wheat based foods, my inner gums feel weird. like the gums right above the back of my top teeth. the tingling stops when i drink something. what's the cause of this?

Dr. Juan Guarderas
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
The reaction is unusual, do not sound allergic, sounds more a mechanical or dental gum disorder. I would check with a dentist first. Hopefully you find help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Trager
Dentistry 56 years experience
IF THE BREAD HAS A HARD CRUST YOU COULD BE IRRITATING YOUR GUMS AND CEREAL HAS HARD EDGES SO IT COULD ALSO IRRITATE AREA.
Dr. Binod Verma
Dentistry 41 years experience
It may be related to gum disease which can be determined by going to your Dentist .When you eat bread it is hard ,sticky and wedges between teeth and causes discomfort .When you drink liquid the bread becomes soft and the discomfort is reduced temporarily. Proper diagnosis and treatment is needed with a good Dentist .There might even be deep cavity ,causing the sensation .