What causes my jaws, teeth and gums to hurt the morning after drinking vodka?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 56 years experience
Not the Vodka: It's not the vodka, but more likely the talking, eating and probably clenching and\or grinding your teeth while you were sleeping.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Synanswered
Dentistry 40 years experience
Opening the Bottle?: I think the phenomena has to do with dehydration that may occure over night due to the combination of alchohol metabolism or mouth breathing, or both. When the mouth dries out, mildly sensitive teeth are more succeptible to acid erosion and irritation from plaque. Some patient use biotene or drink lots of water the the night before with success. The jaw element is different...
Last updated Feb 9, 2017