IN

is mild left ventricular hypertrophy bad?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 42 years experience
It is abnormal but not that bad. I assume you have hypertension which was out of control for quite some time. If you are taking medication(s) for controlling the blood pressure, keep it below 120/80, and if your doctor uses an ACEi or ARB, the heart muscle can be stabilized or get smaller (re-conditioned), i.e. the hypertrophy will not get worse or it even improves.
Dr. Ramalingaier Parameswaran
Specializes in Cardiology
If you indeed have left ventricular hypertrohy, it is indeed abnormal and warrants examination by a specialist. I assume you do not have hypertension which is the most common underlying cause. I would certainly get additional evaluation. Remember that an electrocardiographic diagnosis may not be reliable. I urge you to follow this up.