A member asked:

I saw an infectious disease doctor. he told me to see an immunologist. i hope he can help me, but it is a very rare disease. no one seems to be familiar with "pantoea" infections here?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Hunter Handsfield answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

Pantoea is an unusual cause of infection. If it is for sure the cause of an infection, the ID doc should be able to know how best to treat it. However, such infections may occur in people with abnormal immune systems, so referral to an immunologist may be to check out immunodeficiency as a contributing factor. Ask either or both doctors: they should be able to sort this out. Good luck.

Answered 5/13/2021



Related Questions