Australia

ultrasound in 2018 stated mild adenomyosis. im worried now that it could be mistaken for endometrial cancer as it also causes a thickened lining of the uterus. would i have had more symptoms by now if it was (god forbid) cancer? should i get biopsy?

Dr. John Berryman
An ultrasound diagnosis of "adenomyosis" will explain periods with more pain and bleeding, as the infiltrating endometrial cells prevent the extensive uterine contractions which lead to excessive bleeding. Thickened endometrial lining , if over 1 cm in width should be biopsied, but at age "31" is unlikely to be overt malignancy. Oral bcp can reduce cramping and bleeding.