Newnan, GA

i have a thickened endometrial lining that is 17.5 mm (6 days past last day of period), it had been 16.4 the month before. other findings were slightly enlarged uterus and some fluid found. abnormal bleeding, etc. is it cancer? biopsy done, waiting.

Dr. John Berryman
Thick uterine lining: At age 33, a woman not on oral (low dose) contraceptives produces a lot more estrogen as a function of increased stimulation of the ovaries to produce ovulation. This can cause increased growth of other estrogen sensitive areas. It is unlikely to be a malignancy at this age. A benign biopsy will provide guidance for other hormonal therapy to remedy this situation.