United Kingdom

i am worried about leukaemia, ferritin is high in 600's but normal iron and inflam markers. fbc's has been pretty normal, this week all blood cells were in range, blood film said 'neutrophils show left shift' my worry is i have bone pain mnths help?

Dr. Richard Romano
Ferritin being high can be associated with inflammation. More details are needed. See a doctor that can see all the lab results
Pathology 49 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, ferritin is usually elevated in patients with inflammation and is not a reliable marker for leukemia. Wish you good health!