Houston, TX

I have a rash on my right shoulder blade that has now seemed to have started on the back of my right arm. skin in red raised and itchy...

Dr. Emily Altman
Dermatology 29 years experience
Spreading rash: There are many rashes that can erupt along paths of skin nerves. These paths are called dermatomes. One such rash is shingles (herpes zoster) that has red patches and small grouped blisters or vesicles. Several dermatoles involve the back and the back of the arm. Please see your doctor for an evaluation and treatment. Shingles is usually treated with antiviral medications taken by mouth.

Last updated Jul 18, 2015