Ireland

Hiya is shortness of breath normal at 5 months pregnant ? also chest pains. but my heart and blood pressure have been checked and everything is fine and my oxygen is at 99 most of the time?

Pathology 49 years experience
Unclear question: For the sake of your and your baby's health you should be under the care of a doctor, which you seem to be. Your issues warrant an in-person evaluation. Wish you good health and a healthy baby!
Dr. Ramalingaier Parameswaran
Specializes in Cardiology
Not uncommon.: Shortness of breath is not uncommon during pregnant and may occur even before upward displacement of the diaphragm into the chest. It may occur in women without heart or lung disease and often disappears after delivery. It has been attributed to the hormone progesterone. It may also be due transient arrhythmias perceived as dyspnea. It is wise to get this evaluated further just to be sure.

Last updated Feb 8, 2021