U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old female asked:

Regarding my knee injury. after observing the mri scan, doctors said my acl has partially torn, pcl completely torn and meniscus injured. so does it required surgery or can heal by time. i don't want to go for a surgery, is that possible?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 54 years experience
See orthopedist: An experienced orthopedic surgeon can guide appropriate therapeutic directions. You might start with injections, such as cortisone, and/ or hyaluronic acid. Surgery could be arthroscopic, but perhaps open. Physical therapy is a terrific tool for rehabilitation. Discuss these steps with the specialist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 4, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.