ZA

For the past two weeks i have had this burning sensation on my neck and back. i feel it when i shower or bath, my back literally feels like it is on fire but theres no rash. same thing happens on my neck. what could be the cause of that?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Burning sensation in: If this symptom only occurs during a shower and you have no other skin symptoms other times or severe dryness of your skin, I suspect some release of certain chemicals in your nerves or skin on contact with hot water is the cause of this symptom. Some people develop severe itching after a hot shower. Try using not so hot water in the shower to determine if that's the cause.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 28, 2021