U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old female asked:

Hi there, my husband felt like he needed to go to the toilet, but instead of a stool a whole bunch of blood came out. is this anything to be worried about? i suffer with fissures and hemorrhoids, so i know that, this sometimes causes bleeding

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 43 years experience
COLORECTAL SURGEON: Please ask your husband to visit a Proctologist/Colorectal Surgeon Doctor to be sure about his health.
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
Rectal bleeding: Prudent advice to see a colorectal specialist, as if hemorrhoids, it will need attention, but other problems could be the underlying cause. The sooner a diagnosis is made, the earlier stabilization can occur. Delay here could be hazardous so make appointment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 18, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.