Wake Forest, NC

i have tons of defined circular, raised red bumps on both legs, between my knees & ankles. they often itch. no new soaps, not razor burn. advice?

Dr. Henry Tseng
Podiatry 26 years experience
Fungus: I see that you've tried Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and hydrocortisone. The next step is to see your podiatrist. There's a stronger cream that is dual action called Lotrisone that combines antifungal properties with reducing itch and swelling. Fungus travels to the legs when you scratch your feet in an upwards toward the legs. It can also be a drug allergy or reaction to new laundry detergent, sheets, socks, jeans.
Dr. Janet Kail
Podiatry 28 years experience
Eczema vs. Psoriasis: Raised defined circular red bumps on skin could be a form of psoriasis or a type of eczema. You need to see a dermatologist or podistrist for evaluation and treatment. Your doctor may perform bloodwork on you to see if you have any signs of auto-immune disease and/or they may prescribe oral and/or topical medications to help resolve this skin issue.