United Kingdom (Great Britain)

I have had a persistent ear pain for about 10 weeks now. i have been prescribed steroid drops, penicillin and a different antibiotic none have worked.

Dr. Tyler Lewark
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 26 years experience
It depends: It is difficult to answer this question without examination of your ear. In my experience, when all of these fail the most often missed diagnosis is that of temporomandibular dysfunction, or pain coming from your jaw joint. Many patients have a difficult time accepting this because they feel pain that they believe truly is coming from their ear. However, it is very common for joint related pain to present as ear pain.

Last updated Jun 10, 2013