My wife went to hospital last sunday,trauma and her exrays showed she had a lung infection. she has tested negative for covid. she has been taking the prednisone and vitamins however she is getting a cough early hours of the morning and this is givin?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Bennett Machanic answered

Specializes in Neurology

Perspective: Likely, she had a "rapid" test, but these maybe false negative in ~40% of cases. Best to repeat, but get COVID-19 PCR testing. For time being, stay quarantined. You do not mention antibiotics, but these may be needed if bacterial infection is present (which could be a superimposed co-morbidity). See your doctor in followup

Answered 12/30/2020

16 views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

How can we help?: Pneumonia or other lung infections could be related to COVID 19, other viruses or bacterial infections. I don't see a question here. Did you have a particular question about her care or her condition?????

Answered 12/28/2020

16 views

Dr. Krishna Kumar answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Pneumonia/COVID-19: You are a Caring Husband. Please make a list of all the symptoms of your wife: • Intensity of cough • Degree of discomfort • Fever • Weakness • Tiredness • Details of X-ray findings • Treatment in the hospital • Antibiotics • Dose of prednisone at start and schedule Then see her Physician for Diagnosis, COVID-19 Testing; and Treatment. • YourWife’s Health is Precious!

Answered 12/30/2020

16 views