Jamaica Estates, NY

Been having random heart palpitations after covid. while eating my bpm would go up to 100. is that normal? my ekg and echo were normal. im moderately active. less now cause this scares me. im 34. 140lbs 57. blood work is perfect. no caffeine?

Dr. LINDILE SOGA
Anxiety: The advent of Covid-19 has caused a lot of psychopathology including anxiety, in a lot of people. This is nothing unusual or abnormal. It is normal human reaction induced by the fear of contracting or dying from COVID-19. Understanding the underlying cause of your palpitations and dealing with the emotions involved might just be all you need as there’s obviously nothing wrong with your heart
S/P COVID 19: It sounds like you have a clean bill of health.HR up to 100 beats per minute is still within normal limits. Encourage you to engage in breathing exercises that will help you to relax.
Pathology 49 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without taking additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. It would be prudent to see your doctor and discuss if you may be depressed. Counter-intuitive as it may seem, exercise may help. Start with low intensity exercise such as walking and gradually increase the intensity as tolerated. Drink more water. Wish you good health!
Dr. Donald Colantino
Palpitations: Your normal EKG and echocardiogram are reassuring, but for peace of mind I would also recommend wearing an outpatient heart monitor for 48 hours or so to determine what your heart rate and rhythm are when you experience palpitations or when you're active. I assume a heart rate of 100 when eating is unusual for you. Also check your thyroid status. Hopefully you'll be ok & can exercise again.

Last updated Dec 28, 2020