ZA

I have been experiencing pain in my throat for a couple of weeks now. ive had a canker sore for a week on the back of my tongue and today my adams apple is very painful when i touch it. my voice is not affected. dental health is perfect. ?

Dr. Cyma Khalily
NEED AN EVALUATION: I believe that you must be seen by a doctor as there is a possible infection. In the meantime you can gargle with very warm salt water. Drink some hot tea with raw honey and take and anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen. But if a bacterial infection you will need an antibiotic most likely.
Dr. Manami Yamaguchi
Dentistry 26 years experience
Medical & Nutrition: "Perfect dental health" means not only teeth but also other tissues like joints, throat, tongue, muscles, etc. Over 2 weeks of sore throat is concerning, and canker sore is often related to nutritional deficiency like Vitamin B (B12), folate, zinc, iron, etc. If you're taking enough nutrients, you may still be unable to absorb if you have MTHFR gene mutations/infection. Consult MD/ENT, etc.
Last updated Dec 3, 2020