Punched a wall and knuckles were bruised for about 2 days, had some tenderness on the top of my hand and stiffness, but today i've noticed a pins and needle feeling between the webs of my fingers.. could it be a sprain or nerve damage?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Steven Simon answered

Specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

Tingling is a nerve sign, snd is likely caused by local swelling or injury. This should resolve itself in a couple of weeks at most. You can use ice or massage the fluid ‘up’ the arm (toward the heart) to assist. Try to determine why you hit the wall, (fighting, anger) and work to prevent another similar injury. If the problem lasts over 2 weeks, do see a hand surgeon for eval. Good luck

Answered Nov 25, 2020

24 views