VA

Punched a wall and knuckles were bruised for about 2 days, had some tenderness on the top of my hand and stiffness, but today i've noticed a pins and needle feeling between the webs of my fingers.. could it be a sprain or nerve damage?

Dr. Steven Simon
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 39 years experience
Swelling: Tingling is a nerve sign, snd is likely caused by local swelling or injury. This should resolve itself in a couple of weeks at most. You can use ice or massage the fluid ‘up’ the arm (toward the heart) to assist. Try to determine why you hit the wall, (fighting, anger) and work to prevent another similar injury. If the problem lasts over 2 weeks, do see a hand surgeon for eval. Good luck
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Hand trauma,tingling: This type of hand and probable wrist trauma may have caused an acute carpal tunnel syndrome to account for the hand tingling. Perhaps it will slowly resolve if any swelling of the wrist ligament recedes. A hand surgeon can evaluate and advise you best.
Last updated Nov 25, 2020