22 weeks pregnant, have sunburnt my feet + ankles and can't walk. it's been 3 days already and they still swollen to the point my skin wants to split. as soon as i put them down to walk, i can feel the blood ripping through my skin. what should i do?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Lauren Bickel
Specializes in Family Medicine
Aloe Vera & ask Dr: It sounds like this sunburn is pretty severe, & during pregnancy one must be extra cautions with medications. I would recommend aloe Vera gel topically on the swollen areas & cool compresses (perhaps alternating with warm ones). This helps decrease inflammation. The sensation you feel may be due to the increased circulation to the inflamed areas. Ask OB Dr also
Answered on Nov 11, 2020
1
Dr. Jerome Zacks
51 years experience Cardiology
Needs urgent care: Your description of your sunburn seems potentially serious with an inherent risk of tissue destruction and infection. It is advisable to seek immediate care in a hospital ER or the office of a specialist (dermatologist, plastic surgeon or surgeon - one with experience in the care of burns).
Answered on Nov 11, 2020
1