ZA

I fell a few days ago and i think i might have sprained my ankle. the pain and discoloration has gone away, but my foot & ankle is still swollen and i have a strange vein like think on my ankle that is swollen. i can walk normally?

Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM
Podiatry 43 years experience
Contrast bath : He described enjoying your ankle. It went through the discoloration stage with swelling. This has all gone away except for the swelling. But you are still able to walk on the ankle without pain. But you are still have swelling that continues. Initiate Contrast bath therapy. Soak in hot water for three minutes then an ice water for one minute five times in each. Once or twice a day
Last updated Dec 5, 2020